Learn skills to help protect the nation
More than ever, there is a demand for occupations that address safety and security concerns in all aspects of society.
The Berkeley College Homeland Security Certificate program will introduce you to a world where emergency preparedness and response skills are essential to business continuity and national security. The program is ideal for:
- Students considering Justice Studies or National Security majors, who are also interested in entering into emergency operations
- Working individuals seeking professional development to acquire an external certification
You’ll benefit from Berkeley’s proven track record of excellence in the criminal justice and national security fields, as well as Berkeley’s accomplished faculty, many of whom have extensive relevant professional experience.
The 12-credit program consists of four courses of three credits each. The courses in the Homeland Security Certificate Program can be taken Online or at any New Jersey campus where the courses are offered.
Credits may be applied toward a B.S. in Justice Studies or National Security. The program can be completed in two semesters.
- NTS2215 Introduction to Emergency Management (7-week | 3 Credits)
- JUS3302 Homeland Security (15-week | 3 Credits)
- JUS3314 Introduction to Intelligence (15-week | 3 Credits)
- JUS3315 Terrorism (15-week | 3 Credits)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students in the Continuing Education programs and courses are not eligible for Berkeley College grants, scholarships, financial aid, VA benefits, or career assistance.